Who we are
We are your Hudson Valley neighbors. The flowering of Hudson Valley Community Reiki has its roots in our ongoing Sunday Reiki shares (where practitioners get together to give and receive Reiki). We love our Sundays together and wanted to share this gift in the form of community services, such as our Community Reiki in New Paltz, and other public events.
We each walk our own Reiki path, using Reiki for ourselves, our families, our friends, our animals and our Reiki clients.
We also teach Reiki to those wanting to deepen their understanding of this gentle and effective practice.
We welcome existing Reiki practitioners wishing to join our shares. Let's get to know each other.
Please call (845) 616-1219
We all are trained in various Reiki lineages. Here are some of our members' individual backgrounds.
Rev. Denise Meyer, BS, RMT
- Reiki I and II Attunements, Usui Lineage, 2000
- Reiki III-Master Teacher, Diane Stein Lineage, 2003
- Integrated Energy Therapy Master Teacher, 2003
- International Association of Reiki Professionals, 2003
- Reiki Practitioner, Northern Dutchess Hospital, 2003
- Ordained Priest, Order of Melchizedek, 2004
- Channeling, Mediumship and Intuitive Counseling Certification, 2004
- SPARK Volunteer, 2004
- Buddhist refuge — Kagu Thubten Choling, 2005
- Reiki office at The Sanctuary New Paltz, NY, 2006-2008
- Hudson Valley Community Reiki, 2009 – present
- BS Business Administration, magna cum laude, Marist College, 1986
- NYNEX Service Company, 1973–1990
Denise's work began with herself and her family and grew to sharing with friends and neighbors, eventually creating a professional office. Now her work is concentrated on service to her community through Hudson Valley Community Reiki.
Liz Wassell, MSW, RMT
- Begin teaching Animal Reiki for community and for UCSPCA staff. 2012-present
- Animal Reiki Shinpiden, Animal Reiki Source/Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA). 2012
- Reiki Master teacher (shinpiden), Komyo Reiki Kai. 2010
- Reiki I, II, III, Usui and Komyo Reiki lineages. 2006, 2008
- Reiki Master teacher, Usui lineage. 2008
- SPARK volunteer, NYC. 2007-present
- Ulster County SPCA volunteer, offering Reiki to resident animals. 2007-present
- Animal communication studies, Dawn Hayman, 2006 / Penelope Smith, 2011
- Ordained priest, Order of Melchizedek. 2007
- Safe Horizon Community Trauma Response Team member, NYC. 2005-2008
- Owner of Chocolat de Liz, artisanal chocolate company. 2003-2008
- Creator of RelaxnSwim.com, dedicated to those fearful of water. 1999-present
- Worked in commercial animation, NYC, Ireland, Berlin, Tel Aviv. 1985-1999
- Ringling School of Art and Design, taught classical animation. 1993-1994
- Sheridan College, Canada. BFA, Classical Animation. 1991
- SUNY Albany. MA, psychology, 1981/ MSW, 1983
April N. Paton, RM
I was born just south of London, England a long time ago and have lived in my current home in Woodstock, NY for 50 years. From the first moment I loved the mountain streams and marvelous vistas of the Hudson Valley. I raised 2 boys, was vice president of my husband’s corporation, and worked as a teacher and in social work.
When I retired from the Darmstadt Shelter for the Homeless in Kingston I took an amazed interest in therapeutic hypnosis and worked with clients wanting to quit smoking, lose weight and gain confidence.
I am also a master practitioner of NLP.
Reiki came to my notice in 2006. I became a Reiki Master under the guidance of Lori Salluzzi at SUNY Ulster. Then, I was oh-so lucky to meet Denise Meyer and with her caring support learned how to practice the skills I had learned. With the Hudson Valley Community Reiki group I have shared and continue to share many invigorating, quite marvelous, and always rewarding healing experiences.
Rahad C. Daughtrey, LMT, RMT
I am a 50-year resident of the Hudson Valley, currently living in the quiet hamlet of Malden On Hudson.
After a life of varied employment focusing primarily on human services, I now am semi-retired to a quiet Reiki practice (Arcidi Healing Hands).
I have been involved with Reiki since 2006, having received all levels of attunement in the Usui lineage (Level I, Level II and Master Teacher) from Suzanne Anderson (The Healing Energy Center).
I am a NYS licensed massage therapist, a self-published poet and a (very) amateur musician.
I thoroughly enjoy each and every chance I get to share the wonder of that universal life energy known as Reiki.
Pamela Zino, RN, RM
- Pace University, RN
- Empire State College, BS in Education
- Reiki Master, Usui Lineage
- Certified Aromatherapist, Pacific Institute of Aromatherapy
For most of the past two decades, I have worked as a psychiatric nurse in varied clinical settings throughout the Hudson Valley. Obtaining medical and psycho-social histories is an important part of every job. I have interviewed countless people needing help. Their verbal histories help to explain their pain, reveal their strengths, and steer individual treatment plans.
Since including Reiki in my practice, I’ve learned to listen to the body’s silent language. The energetic blueprint that surrounds each person becomes palpable when hands are placed on or over the body. When activated, this energy helps to transmit the body’s healing messages. After a Reiki session, one often feels peaceful, refreshed, and more closely aligned to a positive sense of self.
Essential oils of plants are the healing elixirs of the plant kingdom. Like Reiki, the curative, enlightening qualities of these fragrant oils assist us in understanding and healing our fractured selves. I welcome both into my life and my practice.